Thursday, July 28, 2011

Highlights from the Break

I thought I would share a few of my favorite moments during our break from July 5th to July 27th: 

I booked the reception hall for our wedding at McCormick's Creek - Indiana State Park.
I actually got a lot of work done for the wedding during the break so I am happy about that.
Evan and I will be married on May 27th, 2012!

This is the cabin in Indiana that we stayed at for most of the break. I love how secluded it is.
We did a lot of fishing, swimming and drinking beer! 

We took a trip to Nashville, TN to listen to some music and eat some great BBQ.
Evan also took some time to write a new song with a couple of songwriters. 

While in Nashville, we visited the replica of the Parthenon. It is the only TO SCALE replica.

This is the inside of the Parthenon and there stands the Goddess Athena. She is a replica of the
statue that use to stand outside of the original Parthenon. 

We went to Birdy's in Indianapolis to see Rachel Platten & Caleb Hawley play - friends of ours from
New York City. It was a great show!

No this lion is not dead! He is sleeping in the hot sun of Indiana. Evan and I visited the
Exotic Feline Rescue center. It's only 10 miles from the cabin. Geez, I hope those fences will hold!

This lioness was chunky! Literally inches from her massive claws. The shelter is for abused
and neglected exotic felines. They provide permanent homes for all 210 of their kitties. 

This is my baby lion, Abbey Road. She loves to chew on sticks. The best part of the
break was being able to spend so much time with our puppy. 

Evan got to go fishing a lot during the break which was a highlight for him. I got to eat
all the yummy fish he caught when we had a fish fry. That was the highlight for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment